Thursday, March 28, 2013

A little bit of everything.....

March 20th

My husband always keeps me in check. I'm so thankful for him. I called him today practically in tears because of the whole bottle/breastfeeding/vaccine dilemma. Everything is just easier when he is here. We are a team, and during the week I feel alone on the team. I see other husbands all the time here and it's very hard not to get sad or even mad at times. I keep asking God, "What are you trying to teach us?"  I know He has His reasons, but it just seems like it's a never ending test.

March 23rd

Alexander is doing really well. He is eating well, gaining some weight, but still needs to gain more. Today we found out that he has a hernia. They were watching it, but today the head surgeon came to look at it. He will need surgery before we are discharged. Poor baby, he has gone through a lot. I just can't wait until this is all over. 

March 26th
Alexander had hernia surgery yesterday morning, March 25th. I really thought we would be home for Easter, but now we're thinking it'll be another week. Alexander is doing really great, we just need him to start eating everything at each feed for 48 hours. The surgery set him back a few days I think, just because he was a little sleepy. This is Dave's last weekend home, then he goes on some training for a few weeks. I was hoping he could be home for when we get out of here but now I'm not sure if that will happen. :(  I thought Alexander would weigh 5 pounds today but not yet....I can't believe it's Easter already. Home is so close to us! Keep praying!




1 comment:

  1. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

    In these hardships, I know that you will overcome with victory Elizabeth. The fruit of this victory will not only seeing Alexander come home, but seeing him take his first steps, seeing him play sports, seeing him accept Jesus as his own, seeing him become the man and plan that God has ordained before the foundation of the Earth. When you lack the strength or do not have the hope ensure that you lean on those who you can be transparent and yourself with. Through them and supernatural the God of all comfort will bring you through!!! Love and miss you!!!

    Jim Wallace

    ReplyDelete