Monday, March 11, 2013

Letting go and letting God.............




Easier said than done I must admit. We are all plugging away....still here at the Ronald McDonald house. Doctors keep saying maybe only 2 weeks left. We are praying we are all home for my birthday and for Easter. He is on day 4 of having no apnea or Brady's (he has to go eight days), then he is in the clear. He is now 1875 grams and 16 in long! 1875 grams = approx. 4.2 pounds. We started the SNS (supplemental nursing system) and he is doing very well. I will be staying overnight Monday to Wednesday to nurse and see how he does. He is still so young that he gets really tired after 15-20 minuets of nursing, but he is a "champ" (as everyone has taken to calling him). I am still pumping away and on my second week of domperidone. I'm letting go and letting God have His way with that situation. I have the best friends, though. A few have had their own babies recently and have saved milk up for Alexander. It means so much to me that another mommy would do that for my baby. I actually saw a doctor yesterday for my 6 week postpartum visit and she was saying in a village if a mother was sick and couldn't nurse her baby another mother would nurse that baby. Makes total sense to me.  So, I thank you Martha for providing for my baby. It's an act that I will never forget, and I feel so blessed to have you as my friend and sister in Christ. You will always be a special part of this journey, our family and a big part in helping Alexander grow. I hope one day to have an over abundance of milk and will donate, donate, donate! …and go to Africa and nurse babies there.


Proverbs 18:24,27:9




5 comments:

  1. that is so precious. God's provision is so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing reading and no question he is a warrior! God will us Alexander to great and mighty things without question. It is an honor to stand by and be supportive of this work and know that God is still on the throne and prayer changes things! thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you both everyday...don't know if you can use milk made for a toddler, but I can pump and donate..Leela hasn't weaned completely yet..do you do it thru UNC nicu? My email is pavanabhat121@gmail if I can help In any way let me know. sending u every possible milky mama Positive vibe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, Regina told me about the baby and connected me to your blog.I was so sad to hear of all that you are going through and yet I know that the Lord has gone before you each step and He will continue to carry you through. He is using you, your family and this amazing situation all for His GLORY! Your faith is an awesome testimony for the Lord! I know He has GREAT things in mind for this special baby boy! Love you guys so much and think of you often. You are in our prayers!!! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and i just started reading/following your story tonight and realized we're in your area! We'd love to help in any way we can even if it's just providing you with free coffee for those late nights (my husband works for Starbucks) I'd love to talk with you about anything you need!

    ReplyDelete