Monday, March 4, 2013

Test of faith...A+ or F?



Since January 1st I have felt like everyday has been a test of my faith & our family's faith.  As I look back on my life, a few things stand out that have "tested" my faith.  A few examples of this would be my year in Thailand taking care of 3-5 babies (ages 0-2), traveling to Africa, being married to a military man, or becoming a parent for the first time. While in each of these seasons of my life, I felt the tests could never get harder, but they do. Having a baby in the NICU definitely trumps them all though. I feel like I am getting tested in ALL areas of my life while going through this journey. There were, and still are, times when I really get frustrated and just want us all at home together. But, in that quiet place I go by myself with God, I am reminded that God has us right where we are needed. Yes, it stinks living in one room with everyone, not being able to see my husband during the week, and I could go on but I won't. I'm trying hard to count our blessings because it could be worse.

Alexander is 1775 grams! Very shy of 4 pounds. He is doing really well.  I feel like the next hurdle before we go home is eating and getting that down. My medicine camein that will help my milk supply so we are still praying that increases. He was moved to a crib today!! 


Grandpa Strysko is here and is having fun spending time with Blue and visiting Bruin. Thank goodness for Grandpas! Uncle E and Grandpa took Blue to a UNC game, andBlue enjoyed the basketball players and the "girls" (the cheerleaders). My little boy is going to be trouble...


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” —Matthew 11:28–29”

2 comments:

  1. I had just finished posting my update about my dad with the following verse when I noticed your blog & had to read about Bruin! But, how wonderful is our Father, that he brought the scripture I posted to my heart, then read your words!! Enjoy the awe of our awesome God!

    Blessings & love,
    Jessica (Sgambato) Fugere

    Lamentations 3:22-30 (Msg): God’s loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They’re created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over). God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It’s a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It’s a good thing when you’re young to stick it out through the hard times. He’s all I’ve got left. When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don’t run from trouble. Take it full-face. The “worst” is never the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord he was moved to a crib - that means he's almost out the door to home, right? Praying for you all! Love your blog! Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete